The Chevening scholarship program for the 2020-2021 session is opening starting from September 3, 2020, for students from all over the world, and this year it will be offered without the requirement of any English language testing documents.
Chevening is an international scholarship program offered by the united kingdom’s government that aims at developing global leaders. This program is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partner organization, it’s accessible to all international students and offers two types of awards: Chevening Fellowships and Chevening Scholarship.
The candidates are selected by the British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
The Scholarship Benefits:
The Chevening scholarship program covers
- Tuition fees
- Monthly expenses
- Travel expenses
- An allowance will be given upon arrival
- A homeward departure allowance
- Visa application fee
- Chevening event
The Chevening Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a citizen of one of the Chevening-eligible countries or hold refugee status in one of those countries.
- Applicant doesn’t have to be holding a British or dual British citizenship, unless if they are a citizen.
- Applicants need to have the willingness to return to their home countries for a minimum of two years after their award has ended
- Hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to an upper second class honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience, in some cases it may be up to 5 years for the fellowship program, depending on the applicant’s home country.
- Haven’t already studied in the United Kingdom with financial support from the UK Government, if that’s the case, the applicant may be eligible for this scholarship years after finishing their initial UK government-funded scholarship.
- November 30, 2020.
How To Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, candidates need to fill the online application form which they can find at the Chevening scholarship portal.
Here are some tips to avoid common mistakes that other applicants make:
1- Use google chrome web browser for a better experience.
2- Work in a full-size window, it will make the application form easier to read.
3- Avoid using the browsers “back” and “forward” buttons as this will take you out of the system and you’ll lose all of the unsaved work.
4- Make sure to remember your username and password.
5- Use accurate information, especially your contact details such as email addresses.
6- When answering questions make sure that your answers meet the required number of words as some question requires at least 100 words per answer and a maximum of 500 words.
7- Make sure to save regularly as each session closes after 60 minutes.
8- You’re not obligated to finish the form in one session.
9- Do not plagiaries.
10- Make sure you apply in English.
11- Make sure that the side and the format of the files you want to upload meet the requirements.
12- Once you completely satisfied with your application, you can click the ‘submit’ button to submit your application.