The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung foundation was founded in 1925. It is the oldest political foundation in Germany, and its main activities focus on emocratization, economic development, and the strengthening of civil society structures.
For German and international students who wish to pursue their studies in Germany, the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung foundation offers a fully-funded scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in any university or technical college in Germany. This scholarship aims to help students with financial issues and support them to pursue their studies.
The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung scholarships is for students from all over the world who want to pursue their bachelor, master’s, or Ph.D. Studies at Germany universities.
- Candidates will receive up to €744 per month, and a monthly flat-rate study fee of €300 that they can use freely.
- Candidates may as well receive a health insurance contribution of up to €71 and a long-term care insurance of up to €155 monthly.
- Candidates with children can receive a family allowance of €155/ month.
– Germans, and international students with education or refugee status.
– Applicants should be committed to society and the values of social democracy
– For applicants who want to pursue a bachelor or master’s studies they should have:
- A certificate of enrolment or confirmation of study at a German university or a technical college for the course for which they want to be supported financially.
- Non-German students must as well demonstrate sufficient German language skills.
- First-year students have to apply before or at the beginning of the first semester.
– For Ph.D. Applicants:
- They need to have an unconditional notification of admission to the Ph.D. Scholarship.
- Must demonstrate sufficient German language skills.
How to Apply:
Applicants have to fill out the online application form, if they are eligible for the scholarship, the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung foundation will request additional documents.
– Masters degree:
- 30 November 2020 for the Winter semester.
- 31 May 2021 for the Summer semester.
- They can apply at any time.
Check the official website for more detailed information about the scholarship: https://www.fes.de/studienfoerderung/bewerbung